Therapeutic & Counseling Resources
We are so grateful to hear that you are pursuing deeper healing in your life with Jesus through counseling. This journey to find a counselor can seem daunting, so it’s our hope to provide you with a few recommendations to help you begin your search.
Below you will find a list of counselors and therapists who are recommended by Bridgetown Church. To the best of our knowledge, each of these counselors are followers of Jesus and strive to holistically address emotional and spiritual health.
This list is simply a recommendation, not a prescription. Many of our pastors at Bridgetown Church are familiar and acquainted with some of the people listed, though we are not familiar with all. That being said, we are hopeful that this list will serve as a good starting point for you.
Please let us know if there are other ways we can help you as you walk this journey! We are confident that He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it.
Counseling (Male & Female; LPC, Portland Area)
● Susan Hausch, LPC, RN, 503.799.7666, firstname.lastname@example.org ($85 per session, insurance)
● Susanna Heger, LPCi, 503.966.2984, email@example.com ($80 per session, insurance,
Specializing in Marriage & Family)
A New Day Counseling Center at Western Seminary – 503.517.1895 (SE Portland)
● Debbie Woo, LPCi (Premarital Coaching, Anxiety/Depression, Life Transitions, Identity Issues)
● Sovann Pen, LPC (Specializing in Sleep Issues and Sexual Addiction)
● Tracy Lewis, LPC (Specializing in Life Transitions and Marriage Coaching)
● Jeff Eldredge, LPCi
● Full list of Counselors at www.anewdaycounseling.org
Cornerstone Clinical Services – 503.786.1711 (Milwaukie)
● Timothy Perkins, Psy.D (Specializing in Children & Adolescents)
● James Putman, Psy.D (Specializing in Adolescents)
Counseling (Male & Female)
● Chuck Verro, LPC, 360.696.3600 (Specializing in Marriage & Sexual Addiction)
● Heidi Swartzmiller, LMFTi, 503.966.8786 (Specializing in couples, individuals, sex therapy)
● The Dougy Center (Children Experiencing Grief & Loss) 503.775.5683
● HEART: Post Abortion; Confidential voicemail, 503.224.3278
Resources for Crisis / Sexual Assault
● Crisis Line, 503.669.8350
● Sexual Assault Crisis Line, 503.640.5311
● Raphael House (Women & Children; domestic violence), 503.222.6222
● Salvation Army (Men), 503.235.4192 Ext. 160
● Union Gospel Mission (Men, Women, & Children), 503.274.4483
● Portland Rescue Mission, (Men, Women, & Children) 503.906.7690
Same-Sex Attraction / Sexual Addiction
● Portland Fellowship: www.portlandfellowship.com; 503.235.6364