We understand that the crisis and Stay Home, Save Lives order surrounding COVID-19 are causing all kinds of distress within our community, from economic to emotional to physical. On this page you’ll find information about available community resources including rent assistance, food resources, and more.
All Resource Search: FindHelp.org
Find Help is an aggregated search of all services available in your zip code, including food, housing, transit, and more. This user-friendly online search includes most of the resources found in lists below.
- Congressman Blumenauer’s team put together this helpful page of economic stabilization resources, featuring a great FAQ regarding unemployment resources and more.
- Portland Business Journal article with updated list of businesses who are currently hiring.
- Google Doc maintained by Congressman Earl Blumenauer and his team, includes food, shelter, education, resources for seniors, and more.
- Portland-area COVID-19 “Request Support” Form. A volunteer group is offering mutual aid to individuals in need, prioritizing higher-risk groups including unhoused, quarantined without pay, elderly, and others. See their site for full list. Aid types include groceries and prescription pickup.
- Partners for a Hunger Free Oregon maintains resources for finding food assistance.
- The SUN Service System team created a list of school food access sites you can explore.
National Mutual Aid: ShowUpNow
- Show Up Now is a website where anyone can post a need or prayer request, and anyone can browse needs by zip code to meet that need or pray.
Portland-Area Information & Updates
- Portland renters will not be evicted if they are unable to pay their rent during this time due to the virus. Non-payment & late fees will be waived. Rent payments will only be delayed, not erased. As of right now, this moratorium will be in effect through May 31st, with “future extensions possible.” [More information]
- Comcast/Xfinity is offering wifi, hotspots & data free of charge, regardless of whether or not someone is an existing customer. They are also waiving late fees during the outbreak. [More information]
- PGE & other local utility companies have suspended non-payment disconnections at this time. [More information]